Child’s Neuropsychological Evaluation/assessment
Children can develop problems in their behaviours, family, school adjustment, friends, learning, or their own personal thoughts and feelings. When parents and educators, struggle to understand why the child is having difficulty or how best to help and support the child, we are able to offer help.
The evaluation is comprehensive. We take into consideration several areas of a childs’ life and functioning ability. We combine psychological assessment with an understanding of brain function and development. The assessment reveals to us the child’s strengths and weaknesses.
What to expect
A neuropsychological evaluation includes: an interview with parents about the child’s history, psychologists’ observation of the child and interview with the child, and testing. Testing involves paper and pencil work, hands-on activities, answering questions, and sometimes use of a computer.
Areas tested may include;
- General intellect
- Achievement skills, such as reading and math
- Executive skills, such as organization, planning, inhibition, and flexibility,
- Learning and memory
- Visual–spatial skills
- Motor coordination
- Behavioural and emotional functioning
- Social skills
Importance of assessment
- Assessment can explain why a child is having school problems. For example, a child may have learning difficulty because of an auditory processing problem, an attention problem, or a reading disability among others.
- Assessment can help detect developmental, neurological, and medical problems such as dyslexia, autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) among others.
- Ultimately, assessment reveals the why; of the unwanted behaviours and learning problems in school. Assessment help therapists, doctors, teachers and parents understand the child. Therefore, the child gets better help to achieve his or her potential
To request a neuropsychological evaluation, contact: Phone: +254 703 259 269
+254 735 164 745
A neuropsychological evaluation is conducted during two-three daytime appointment that lasts 1-2 hours. The appointments vary depending on the purpose, child’s age and mental ability.
After the neuropsychological evaluation, the parent receives a detailed test findings, impressions and recommendations. The discussion lasts about an hour.
We also offer child counselling
To book an Appointment
Contact us on Phone: +254 703 259 269/+254 735 164 745